Water Heater Repair in Lexington, SC
Fast, Effective & Affordable Plumbing Service
It can be all too easy to take your water’s heating system for granted—often, we don’t even think about our water heater until it starts to malfunction or fail. If you are constantly running out of hot water, or your water is warm at best, it is time to start thinking about repairing this all-important system.
Water heaters are complicated systems that need to be repaired by professionals. Dr Rooter Of Lexington has 20+ years of experience servicing water heaters in Lexington, Columbia, and the greater Midlands region and our skilled plumbers are ready to help get your water heater back to peak performance. We happily offer water heater repair, replacement, and maintenance services for both conventional and tankless water heaters.
Signs Your Water Heater Needs Repairs
As a home or business owner, it is important to have a working knowledge of the systems that help your space run efficiently. So, while we do not recommend taking repairs into your own hands, recognizing signs that your water heater needs servicing can help you catch small issues before they become big problems, saving you money in the long run.
4 Signs Your Water Heater Needs Repairs:
- Your water heater is getting old: While it is generally recommended that you replace your water heater every 10 years, general wear and tear can potentially shorten this to 8 years. We recommend getting older water heaters routinely serviced to extend their lifespan for as long as possible.
- Leaks: If you observe water pooling around your water heater, it is a sign that there is a leak inside your system.
- Rumbling noises: Any noise coming from your water heater isn’t a great sign. In fact, if you hear banging, popping, rumbling or knocking noises, it could be a sign that there is mineral buildup in your system.
- No hot water: When you turn on your faucet only to find there is no hot water, it can indicate one of two things. One, the heating component is malfunctioning—either the pilot light is out, or a breaker has tripped. Or, two, the size of your tank can’t keep up with your hot water demands.
If you are noticing any of the above signs, call Dr Rooter Of Lexington today at (803) 398-2090 to schedule an appointment.
What Causes a Water Heater to Leak?
The causes behind a water heater leak can vary. For example, a damaged temperature and pressure relief valve, an outdated tank, a loosened inlet or outlet connection, an increase in pressure within the system’s tank or a buildup of sediment can all lead to a leak. The location of the leak, whether it be from the top or base of the water heater or the tank itself, will often indicate the source of the problem. However, it is best to bring in a professional Lexington plumber who can inspect the system to provide an accurate diagnosis and repair. However, a leaky water heater is not the only issue that requires service.
Other Water Heater Problems, Include:
- A faulty electric ignition, thermocouple, or pilot light
- A corroded or broken anode rod
- A cracked or damaged heat exchanger
- A malfunctioning thermostat
- A clogged drain valve
Be sure to invest in repairs when needed as well as regular maintenance, such as draining and flushing of the tank, to ensure your water heater continues to run optimally. Delaying a necessary service or neglecting tune-ups can result in more wear-and-tear on the system, which can decrease it’s lifespan.
Emergency Water Heater Services Throughout Lexington
Dr Rooter Of Lexington is a full-service plumbing company that specializes in emergency plumbing services. No matter the issue, our highly trained and fully licensed plumbers are available to help 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You can rest assured that when a plumbing emergency happens, you will get a real person on the phone, day or night. We listen to your problem and dispatch an experienced plumber to your door right away. We believe no one should be punished for plumbing emergencies. That is why, at Dr Rooter Of Lexington, we refuse to charge extra for after-hours services and are always upfront and honest with our pricing.