Lexington Water Heater Services
Expert Repair, Replacement & Installation
Most of us take our hot water for granted. We expect to always have hot water readily available for hot showers, laundry, dishwashing, and other modern conveniences. Waking up one morning to find you have no hot water is an inconvenience you’d like to avoid. Isn’t it nice to know that you can count on the friendly experts at Dr Rooter to be at your home right when you need them? If you should find yourself without hot water one day, our trained water heater experts in Lexington will be at your door in minutes to diagnose and resolve the issue. Since 1999, Dr Rooter has been our area’s most trusted water heater installation and repair specialists.
Call (803) 398-2090 today to schedule a free estimate with our team!
Conventional Water Heaters
The conventional archetype is the most common type of system. They usually can hold 30 to 40 gallons of water, and they heat the water using electricity, gas, propane, or solar. They typically last about 10-15 years. They heat up the cold water that comes into your home and store it in the tank so that it is always available to be used. Because water heater tanks keep a store of water inside them at all times, there is always a risk that they may leak due to damage or corrosion. This is one of the main reasons why some customers prefer tankless water heaters.
Common Water Heater Problems
Hot water issues can be frustrating to deal with because we need hot water on a daily basis.
Some of the most common issues homeowners deal with include:
- Not enough hot water: This is the most common issue with conventional tanks. If you use a gas water heater, the problem could be due to a pilot light in which case it would just need to be relit. Another possibility is a bad heating element which would need replacing.
- Leaking tank: This is common with older systems. If the leak is due to a corroded or damaged tank, replacement is likely the only viable solution.
- Excessive noise: If your unit is producing loud popping rumbling or knocking, it could mean there is excess sediment that needs to be cleaned out. A noisy water heater can also indicate that the heating element is faulty.
Want a second opinion? Just visit our reviews page to see why so many of our customers are customers for life.
What Are the Benefits of Replacing Your Water Heater?
When water heater repairs are no longer cost-effective, then it’s time to replace.
Not only will it offer a long-term fix to some of those nagging issues like water leaks, but also it can offer added benefits, including:
- Lower energy costs: As a water heater deteriorates, it becomes less efficient. These issues can range from fluctuating temperatures to a water heater that runs out of hot water quickly. Regardless of the symptoms, it also forces your water heater to consume more energy. With a new high-efficiency water heater installation, you’ll see an immediate reduction in your utility costs.
- Improved temperature control: If your water heater sometimes gives you boiling water and other times only offers lukewarm temperatures, there’s a problem. Luckily with a water heater installation, you’ll enjoy more consistent temperatures based on your home needs.
- Fewer repairs: Repairs can quickly add up. With a new system in place, you can enjoy a longer appliance lifespan and none of the repair issues you’ve been dealing with. This not only reduces your costs but also improves your peace of mind.
- Larger capacity: A common problem with water heaters is capacity. If you’re in a growing family or you’re simply running out of hot water too quickly, opting for a water heater upgrade is the way to go. With a larger tank, you can enjoy more hot water when you need it most.
At Dr Rooter, we are your reliable water heater installation experts. Our staff takes the time to understand your needs and budget, finding the ideal water heater replacement that will improve your comfort without breaking your budget.
The Water Heater Repair Process
Whether you realize it or not, you rely on your water heater on a daily basis. Whether it’s your morning shower or washing dirty dishes, you always need a consistent flow of hot water. This is often why a damaged water heater can wreak so much havoc on your home. If your water heater is running out of hot water too quickly, leaking, or making strange noises during operation, it’s time for water heater repair services.
When you call our plumbing pros, we take the time to diagnose your issues properly, finding the root of the problem. While issues like water leaks can easily be repaired by replacing sections of pipe that lead into and out of your water heater, other problems like a rust buildup, require more thorough repair services.
While our experts offer top quality hot water heater repair services, we can also help you prevent them altogether. Using our water heater maintenance services, ranging from annual inspections to routine draining and cleaning of the unit, you can easily extend the lifespan of your system and improve your energy savings.
Dr Rooter is your go-to water heater specialist in Lexington, SC. Contact us today and one of our friendly and knowledgeable experts will be happy to evaluate and discuss your concerns.