There are many factors that can cause complications in your plumbing system. In order to detect a water leak, specific tools and equipment are needed, not to mention specialized skills and expertise.
Dr Rooter of Lexington is proud to be Lexington’s leak detection specialist. Our experts have over 20 years’ experience finding and repairing leaky water pipes, and we offer emergency service that is available 24/7 in the event you should find a leak in your home.
Common Causes of Leaks
When a leak occurs you may be uncertain of the exact cause of the problem. While leaks can develop in your water heater, toilets, faucets, pipes, and other parts of your plumbing, it’s important to bring in a professional plumber who will be able to pinpoint the precise location and source of the leak.
Some of the Most Frequent Culprits of Leaking Pipes Include:
- Age of your home: If you live in an older home especially, the pipes may have deteriorated, the natural shifting of a structure can the joints in your home’s plumbing to loosen or separate.
- Changes in temperature: The number one cause of water leaks is freezing cold temperatures. Frozen water inside your pipes can cause them to crack and leak. However, if you live in a milder climate, there is still cause for concern. Extreme changes in the hot and cold water flowing through your water pipes can cause some pipes to crack or even burst, resulting in leakage.
- Water pressure: Unregulated water pressure can burst or crack your pipes and cause leakage. For this reason, it is recommended that you install a water pressure regulator in your home.
- Drainage clogs: Clogged pipes are a common occurrence in almost every household. Drain clogs can be caused by a number of things, including, food, grease, hair, paper towels. Just about anything that goes down the drain can clog a pipe. If you notice that your clogs are slow to drain, it is probably a sign that you have a clog. If not attended to promptly, a clog can cause leakage from the plumbing joints and eventually flooding.
Prevent Costly Water Damage with Preventative Leak Detection Services
Don't wait for a major water leak to cause extensive damage to your property. Our team at Dr Rooter offers preventative leak detection services to help you identify and address potential leaks before they become a costly problem.
With our advanced leak detection technology and expertise, we can:
- Detect hidden leaks behind walls, under floors, and in hard-to-reach areas
- Identify early signs of leaks in your plumbing system
- Pinpoint the exact location of leaks for precise repairs
- Provide recommendations on how to prevent future leaks
By investing in preventative leak detection, you can:
- Avoid expensive water damage repairs
- Save money on your water bills by addressing leaks promptly
- Protect your property from mold and mildew growth
- Extend the lifespan of your plumbing system
Don't wait until it's too late. Contact our experienced team at Dr Rooter today to schedule your preventative leak detection service and ensure the safety and integrity of your plumbing system.
Regardless of the cause, having a leak in your home can result in property damage and further issues with your plumbing system. While there are some obvious signs that indicate there is a leak, there are some other less noticeable things you can watch for. If you see any of the following, reach out to a professional plumber from our team right away to schedule a repair.
Signs of a Leak, Include:
- An unexpected increase in your monthly water bill
- Damage to the drywall
- Unexplained water stains in walls and ceilings
- Damp floors
- Unusual sounds of dripping or running water
- A change in your home’s water pressure levels
- Mold and mildew growth throughout the property
- Unpleasant musty odors
- Warped flooring
- Peeling or cracking wallpaper
- Changes in the structure of your property if it's a slab leak
Leaving a leak untreated can result in costly and sometimes dangerous damage, including flooding if the leak is severe enough. You can avoid this and costly water leak repairs by acting quickly at the first sign of a leak. Don’t let a small leak or clogged drain go unattended. A licensed Lexington leak detection expert can spot and repair the leak and avoid further damage to your home.
“We needed large repairs that couldn’t be done without replacement items and more plumbers, but he made it so that we would be safe from any flooding until they can do those on a weekday.”- Sedona G.
“He arrived during the time frame that was mentioned. Very thorough, very efficient, highly qualified and highly recommended!!”- Tiffany D.
“Hopefully, we won’t need Dr. Rooter again in the near future, but if we do, we would definitely hope to see him again!”- Stephanie F.
“They left no stone unturned in their efforts, until they were able to prove that the issue was on the City side and therefore not our liability.”- Chris T
“DJ did an excellent job and the pricing was very good. They do not charge extra for coming out on the weekend. I would highly recommend them to anyone needing a plumber.”- Melody C.
“The big breath of fresh air in this smelly sewer saga has been Dr. Rooter. Without Nick's professional expertise, I would have had to foot the bill for a big corporation's negligence.”- R. Pyle