Leak Detection in Lexington, SC
Providing Quick & Dependable Water Leak Repair
There are many factors that can cause complications in your plumbing system. In order to detect a water leak, specific tools and equipment are needed, not to mention specialized skills and expertise.
Dr Rooter Of Lexington is proud to be Lexington’s leak detection specialist. Our experts have over 20 years’ experience finding and repairing leaky water pipes, and we offer emergency service that is available 24/7 in the event you should find a leak in your home.
Call (803) 398-2090 or contact us online to receive your free estimate for comprehensive leak detection in Lexington, SC, or the surrounding areas today!
Common Causes of Leaks
When a leak occurs you may be uncertain of the exact cause of the problem. While leaks can develop in your water heater, toilets, faucets, pipes, and other parts of your plumbing, it’s important to bring in a professional plumber who will be able to pinpoint the precise location and source of the leak.
Some of the Most Frequent Culprits of Leaking Pipes Include:
- Age of your home: If you live in an older home especially, the pipes may have deteriorated, the natural shifting of a structure can the joints in your home’s plumbing to loosen or separate.
- Changes in temperature: The number one cause of water leaks is freezing cold temperatures. Frozen water inside your pipes can cause them to crack and leak. However, if you live in a milder climate, there is still cause for concern. Extreme changes in the hot and cold water flowing through your water pipes can cause some pipes to crack or even burst, resulting in leakage.
- Water pressure: Unregulated water pressure can burst or crack your pipes and cause leakage. For this reason, it is recommended that you install a water pressure regulator in your home.
- Drainage clogs: Clogged pipes are a common occurrence in almost every household. Drain clogs can be caused by a number of things, including, food, grease, hair, paper towels. Just about anything that goes down the drain can clog a pipe. If you notice that your clogs are slow to drain, it is probably a sign that you have a clog. If not attended to promptly, a clog can cause leakage from the plumbing joints and eventually flooding.
How to Find a Water Leak
Regardless of the cause, having a leak in your home can result in property damage and further issues with your plumbing system. While there are some obvious signs that indicate there is a leak, there are some other less noticeable things you can watch for. If you see any of the following, reach out to a professional plumber from our team right away to schedule a repair.
Signs of a Leak, Include:
- An unexpected increase in your monthly water bill
- Damage to the drywall
- Unexplained water stains in walls and ceilings
- Damp floors
- Unusual sounds of dripping or running water
- A change in your home’s water pressure levels
- Mold and mildew growth throughout the property
- Unpleasant musty odors
- Warped flooring
- Peeling or cracking wallpaper
- Changes in the structure of your property if it's a slab leak
Leaving a leak untreated can result in costly and sometimes dangerous damage, including flooding if the leak is severe enough. You can avoid this and costly water leak repairs by acting quickly at the first sign of a leak. Don’t let a small leak or clogged drain go unattended. A licensed Lexington leak detection expert can spot and repair the leak and avoid further damage to your home.
See what your neighbors are saying about us in our recent reviews, then contact our Lexington leak detection team for immediate service.
Why Choose Dr Rooter Of Lexington?Learn What Our Team Can Do For You
Check out our FAQ page for answers to your most commonly asked questions.