Lexington Slab Leak Repair
Trusted Repair Specialists Offering Unbeatable Care
Ignoring a slab leak in your home is a risky business. Yet, some homeowners will do just that. They reason that “it’s just a small leak” or they might decide to wait until the leak gets bigger. Any leak, no matter what size, should be checked immediately.
The consequences of an ignored slab leak can be costly and damaging to your home and to your health. At Dr Rooter Of Lexington, we can detect and repair your slab and foundation leaks. If you think you may have a leak, don’t put it off.
Let our slab leak repair experts in Lexington offer the help you need. Call us at (803) 398-2090 today to schedule your free estimate!
What’s a Slab Leak?
A slab leak is a water leak beneath a concrete slab or foundation. Some of these occur above the ground, between walls or in the ceiling. This issue occurs when a water pipe beneath the floor or wall is damaged, causing it to leak or break open. They are especially dangerous because they can cause erosion in the foundation of your home.
Why Slab Leaks Happen
You don’t have to live in an earthquake zone to experience movement in the ground below. The ground underneath your home is subject to subtle shifting, no matter where you live. Friction under your home is a major cause of pipe leaks under concrete slabs and foundation.
This may force the concrete or slab to crack. In extremely cold weather, copper pipes can freeze and even burst. Water pressure is that is too strong can create unnecessary pressure on your pipes, causing them to break. If you suspect you may have a slab leak, call a reputable company as soon as possible.
Signs of a Slab Leak?
Slab leaks can be small and hard to spot because they happen underneath the floor or behind a wall.
Still, there are a few signs you should look out for:
- Sound of running water running even when water is turned off
- Mildew or mold develops under your floor or behind a wall
- A higher water bill than normal
- Low water pressure
- Odors of mold and mildew permeate the room
How Can a Slab Leak Affect Your Home?
Anytime there’s a leak beneath the slab foundation of your home, it’s a problem. In many cases, these leaks can go undetected for a long time, opening your home up to significant damage. While some of the dangers of a slab leak can be minor, others are significant and can lead to extensive remediation and repair costs.
Here are a few ways a slab leak can negatively impact your home:
- Low water pressure: As more water leaks out of your pipes, the less water reaches your fixtures. This will eventually drop the pressure in your plumbing system down to a trickle in some cases.
- Water damage: If water is seeping into your home, often in the lower areas like basements and crawl spaces, you may be facing serious damage. This can include damage to drywall, carpeting, wood flooring, and electronics.
- Mold and mildew: With excess moisture comes damp conditions, which become breeding grounds for mold. Not only does this pose serious health risks for you and your family, but it can also lead to extensive remediation costs.
- Foundational issues: The biggest danger of a slab leak is foundational issues. Whether there’s a crack in your foundation or sagging, it can put your entire property at risk of damage. Not only will this need to be fixed, but the integrity of your home will also need to be checked by a professional.
Hidden slab leaks are no laughing matter and need to be addressed as quickly as possible. Not only can they affect your comfort, but they can also cause irreparable damage to your entire property. Dr Rooter Of Lexington plumbers are here to help, so be sure to give us a call for all your repair needs.
If you suspect an issue, the smartest thing to do is to consult with a slab leak specialist in Lexington. Dr Rooter Of Lexington has been detecting and repairing problems in our community for twenty years.