Columbia Drain Cleaning Experts
Eliminate Clogged Drains & Blockages in Richland County
Are your drains slowly draining or starting to smell? This is not a messy problem you can fix on your own. Hire Dr Rooter Of Lexington to clean out your pipes so you don’t have to!
It’s an aggravating situation in your home whenever the drain is clogged, and it’s embarrassing to have a toilet clog up when we’re at someone’s home. Don’t be embarrassed though, it’s their drainage system, not you that caused the problem. If you can’t seem to keep your drains cleared, there may be a more severe problem going on within your pipes. At Dr Rooter Of Lexington, we are your reliable drain cleaning experts in Columbia, SC. We offer accurate and effective solutions that remove blockages at the source, ensuring a long-term fix to your nagging drainage issues.
Columbia's leading plumbing company, we provide a wide range of services. Among the services our experienced team provides are commercial plumbing, hydrojetting, slab leak repair, and accurate gas leak detection. You will only be recommended services you actually need, not what will fill our pockets. Each service call begins with a professional diagnosis of the affected area. Repairs or replacements are then offered.
What Causes Clogged Drains?
We sometimes take for granted how much we rely on the drains in our home to clear away wastewater. We not only wash our hands, dishes, and bodies, but we also depend on our plumbing to remove larger waste as well. However, as we put these items down our pipes, there are some that can cause blockages over time.
- Food Waste
- Cooking Grease
- Mineral Buildup
- Small Items
- Cat Litter
In many cases, things anciently make their way into the toilet, like children’s toys. However, items like cooking grease are often not given a second thought, but they can still be one of the most damaging items to make their way into your plumbing.
How a Blocked Drain Affects Your Home
A clogged drain can be a minor problem that can happen every once in a while in your home. However, when the problem is not treated, it can create a bigger and more disastrous threat to your home. Rather than ignoring the problem in hopes that it goes away, it can damage your home’s foundation if not resolved immediately. Here are some other damaging effects of leaving your system clogged:
- Potential Pipe Bursts or Leaks
- Bad Drainage
- Bad Odors
- Dirty/Polluted Water
- Health Risks
Not only is it aggravating when a tub or sink drains slower and longer than usual, but you may risk your household members’ health when bathing and using contaminated water. In order to keep your home safe and healthy, it’s best to schedule expert Columbia drain cleaning services.
Why Do You Want a Professional Plumber to Unclog Your Drain?
There are several reasons why it might be a good idea to call a professional plumber to unclog a toilet or drain:
- A professional plumber has the tools and equipment needed to properly diagnose and fix the problem. They may have specialized tools, such as a hydro jet, which can effectively remove even the most stubborn clogs.
- A professional plumber has the training and experience to identify the cause of the clog and determine the best course of action. They can also advise you on how to prevent future clogs.
- Attempting to unclog a toilet or drain can be a dirty and unpleasant task. A professional plumber can handle the job quickly and efficiently, saving you time and hassle.
- If you are not familiar with plumbing systems, attempting to unclog a toilet or drain yourself can be dangerous. A professional plumber knows how to safely and effectively unclog a drain without causing damage to the pipes or fixtures.
Overall, it is usually a good idea to call a professional plumber if you are unable to unclog a toilet or drain yourself. They can save you time, hassle, and potentially costly repairs in the long run.
The Drain Cleaning Process
Some drain problems, like a clogged sink, may be simpler to diagnose than others. For the ones that are less visible and obvious, plumbers will have to implement other methods to detect the root of the problem. With all circumstances, the drain cleaning process will first be inspected by a knowledgeable plumber using special video equipment to examine your pipe system. Then, they can address the problem using a few different methods, including:
- Drain Snaking: The most common form of drain cleaning and the first that a plumber will try to use. This entails inserting a special tool, also known as a snake, into the pipe until it reaches the blockage, then the plumber will try to break the blockage or remove it completely.
- Hydro Jetting: A plumber will use highly pressurized water to spray into the pipe in order to clear the pipe from buildup. This method can help resolve larger clogs because it scours the entire pipe, breaking up every part of the blockage instead of punching a hole in it.
No matter the severity or location of your plumbing blockage, you can count on our expert plumbing contractors to provide you with a long-term solution that’s highly effective and safe on your plumbing. Worried that a clog has already caused damage to your system? We also offer sewer line repair services, helping fix even the most severe plumbing issues.
If you're not sure which provider to call, check out our customer reviews to see why Columbia residents choose us!
Trust Your Columbia Drain Cleaning Pros
Don’t risk damaging your pipes with DIY remedies because mixing chemicals can be dangerous and create more damage to your home’s system. Instead, rely on your local plumbers to get your pipes cleared and flowing. At Dr Rooter Of Lexington, we use high-quality plumbing equipment to ensure that your home’s system circulates water in and out of your home.
With over 20 years of experience, our team of plumbers at Dr Rooter Of Lexington are Columbia’s go-to plumbing company. We not only want to fix your plumbing problems, but we care about the safety and comfort of your home. This means that we take all necessary measures to ensure that the current problem doesn’t arise weeks or months after we leave.
Ready to unclog and get back to life as usual? Call us at 803-398-2090 today!